Tag Archives: silly
So, Monday Madhouse isn’t a regular feature for us, but as Clementine has stirred up some trouble in the Hellcat household this morning, it felt like the only appropriate title.
I went outside this morning and heard some meowing. Guess who decided to scale a tree beside our house and climb up on the roof?
That would be little Clementine, who was just SO PROUD of herself and happy to show me that she can now get up and down on the roof no problem. At first, I thought she didn’t realize she could get back down, but she quickly found her tree access point and easily hopped into it–totally fearless.
She came down to greet me incredibly excited about her newfound hideout. Clementine loves to scale and climb things, and has never had an issue getting back down, perhaps because she’s conscious of how small she is. REGARDLESS, BAD CLEMMIE!
If you’re looking for blogs that combine cats and humor, look no further than Tumblr. Get Out of There Cat, cats in song lyrics, Things Crazy Cat People Do, The Cat Scan, cats in space… If you’re looking for a wacky catcentric blog, no doubt you’ll find it on Tumblr.
Well, now you can add The Kitten Covers to the list of silly cat blogs. The blog does not feature kittens singing cover songs, but rather inserts kittens into famous album covers of bands like The Beatles, KISS, and David Bowie.
Here are some of my favorites, with Aladdin Sane of course being at the top of the list.
See more at thekittencovers.tumblr.com!
Yes, that’s right—I’m talking about the litterbox cake!
I don’t know how I found the recipe for a litterbox cake, but I’ve made it a few times now and it’s a lot of fun. Some might find it a bit too gross to eat, but oh well—more for me and anyone else daring enough to eat it! It actually tastes quite good, so you’re missing out if you don’t try it. Here is the recipe I use, which I found on Fabulous Foods.
1 spice or German chocolate cake mix (I use spice)
1 white cake mix
1 or 2 large packages vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
1 large package vanilla sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Roll candies
You’ll also need:
1 new kitty litter pan
1 new kitty litter pan liner
1 new pooper scooper
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
- Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
- Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup.
- To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don’t want it too soggy. Combine gently.
- Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.
- Put 3 unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything — this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
- Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top. For the coup de gras take one Tootsie Roll and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!
Find yourself a fake cat and stick its back legs in for an added effect! ;)
Here are some of my favorites…
See more of them here.
This past weekend I was fortunate enough to attend my very first Dragon*Con, and I had a blast. And yes, I did dress up. I’m something of a nerd (if you didn’t know), and I absolutely LOVE dressing up. I was very excited about one costume in particular, but it ended up being something of a disaster…
Just what was said costume? Well, in theory it was supposed to be a sexy Nyan Cat girl. I’d never seen one before—Nyan Cat costumes almost always consist of a large cardboard cutout or a pillowcase—so I just had to do it. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out at all as I had expected, i.e. it wasn’t very sexy. Which is a bummer, because not only did I not have an awesome costume as I had hoped, but I put quite a bit of time and money into it.
Anyway, there were quite a few Nyan Cats there, and I’m happy to say that most of them were not just cardboard cutouts. (If you really want to see my costume, there’s a picture of it on the Facebook page. I’m not gonna post it here.)
There were some other popular internet cats, like Ceiling Cat:
And Keyboard Cat:
There were a few Cheshire Cats running about, but this one was no doubt the wildest:
Also some Thundercats (would’ve liked to see the whole group!):
And, it’s kind of a stretch, but Josie and the Pussycats were also there:
There was even a Cat Face!
One fun, silly thing I’ll sometimes do is add the word “Cat” or “Cats” into a song. The results can be very funny! New Tumblr blog Kitties&BS does the same thing, only author Sofia Falcon draws funny cat comics with it for added hilarity! There are not many out yet, but I can’t wait for more! A little corny, but sooo amusing!
We’ll definitely feature more as they come out! Check out Sofia Falcon’s Flickr for some more of her artwork!